Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 26, 2018

Easy, Affordable DIY Candle Lantern

Hey Guys!!!

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend! It was a dreary, rainy weekend for us here in D.C., so I thought it was the perfect time to complete this DIY project I've been wanting to do and of course I had to share with you guys... bringing you my very first blog entry under "Tally Taught You"!! 

"Tally Taught You" will be a section of easy and affordable DIY's or recipe's that have inspired me in one way or another. 

This very first DIY project is going to be a beautiful, did I say EASY and most importantly AFFORDABLE candle lantern/candle holder!! 

If you love candles as much as I do, hell as much as most women do.... you'll want to stay tuned to see how I made this BEAUTIFUL, EASY, AFFORDABLE candle lantern/candle holder. 

If interested, checkout these easy step by step instructions below.

Let's get started....


Items Used:
-4 3.5 x5 Picture Frames (purchased from Dollar Tree @ $1.00 ea.)
-2 Place mats (purchased from Target @ $1.99 ea.)
-1 3 wick Candle (not pictured- purchased from Walmart @ $4.99)
-Hot Glue Gun $4.99 & Glue Sticks $3.88 (purchased from Walmart)
-E6000 adhesive glue (purchased from Hobby Lobby @ $3.50 -which I didn't use)
-Scissors

I chose gold frames because that matches my decor best right now but these also come in black, white, silver, & deep cherry wood. But keep in mind, if you cant find the color you want, pickup some spray paint and make it ANY color you want!

I was looking for gold but I'm actually glad I got brown. I think the chocolate looks great up against the gold! But, again... if you cant find the right color place mat, don't trip. Grab some spray paint and get to spraying:)

Now go ahead and remove all plastic protector paper from your 4 frames. Once all plastic is removed, flip your frame over and undo the clamps just as you would when inserting a picture into the frame. If this is your first time taking apart a frame no worries, I've circled the prongs in red that you need to lift up.

All prongs have been lifted, now I can separate my frame.

This is how your frame should look separated. 

For this project, go ahead and toss that black cardboard backing, we wont need it. All you need is pictured above for each frame. The frame and the glass. 

Here are the 4 picture frames separated.

Here are the 4 glasses separated.

Take your glass and lay it on top of 1 of your place mats, using it as a stencil to trace and cut out the exact shape and size of the glass. (Better pic below)

Just like this. Lay on top and cut out the shape of your place mat.


Now you should have something that looks like this. Repeat that same step 4 times to fill each of your frames.

Here are all 4 place mats cut out in the size and shape of the glass.

Now, take the place mat piece you cut out and place inside of your frame as you would do a picture.

Go ahead and put your glass on top and close those clamps/prongs back down to secure place mat and glass in place. Do that for all 4.

Here's how all 4 frames look completely back together with place mat and glass.

Up close and personal!

First I have to apologize because I had many more pics of these last steps and have NO CLUE how I accidentally deleted them. MY DEEPEST APOLOGY! However, the show must continue!!
-Add a small line of glue along back of frame and make into a block or cylinder gluing all 4 frames together. Let sit overnight and BAM... You have a beautiful candle lantern. See below.

3 wick Walmart candle used.

Here's the final finished product!!! I tried to insert a video below of how the candle along with the pattern of the place mate illuminates the room at night but not sure of the quality once uploaded.







Hope you guys enjoyed my very first "Tally Taught You" DIY project!! I really enjoyed making it and have MANY MORE to follow!! If you liked it, plan to make it or have another DIY ... drop a comment.

As always... Thanks for checking out my blog: TwithTally!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valuable data shared. I am glad to peruse this article. Much obliged for giving us pleasant information. Awesome Bond cleaning Darlinghurst | End of lease cleaning Waterloo | Bond cleaning Waterloo stroll through. I value this post.

    ReplyDelete